The diversity and versatility of womanhood. (The proverbs 31 woman ).
“the real tragedy is that the transition back to being that soft fluffy gentle soul of a woman after leaving the seemingly men’s world is a struggle many cannot overcome thereby loosing themselves”.
We have lived this lie in society for centuries. Society has made women to believe that it’s either you go the “man’s” way and loose yourself as a woman or be that soft fluffy gentle soul of a person, and which is what society deems feminity to be all about; vulnerability; which is deemed to be weakness.
Vulnerability is not weaknesses.
It is strength in disguise.
However millions of years ago, a certain kind of woman was described in the Bible, in Proverbs 31 and guess what? That certain kind of woman still exists in today’s world. That woman exists in YOU! I can say that tens of thousands of times and not miss a word. The legacy of the proverbs 31 woman still lives on and it lives in YOU my dear Phenomenal Woman.
That woman is the hub and center of diversity and versatility in womanhood.
Today, we shall take a walk through certain carefully selected aspects of Proverbs 31 at the end of which the diversity and versatility of womanhood will be brought to light.
Before we delve into the atmosphere of the proverbs 31 woman, let’s define Diversity and versatility.
Diversity is the condition of being composed of or made up of different elements and qualities.
Versatility is derived from the Latin word “versatillis” which means the ability to adopt and adapt to many different situations.
It stands to reason, therefore that versatility is the physical manifestation and evidence of the diverse qualities and elements which is imbibed in a person.
31:13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
31:24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
- These verses describes the industrious, occupational and professional qualities of the woman. Some years ago in our society, we were made to believe that as women we were of little or no benefit to society economically. Ours was just to keep the home and family, besides that,we had nothing substantial to offer society. Bit by bit that notion has been defeated by different schools of thoughts but it’s quite sad and disheartening to know that there are still some sectors in society that still cling on to this barbaric and Ungodly argument.
In previous centuries and civilisation, wool and flax were the essential raw materials for the making of linen(v. 24).The importance of these two raw materials can be likened to the trade of ‘KENTE’ now.
Women are equally beneficial to the economic growth of the home, the family and nation.
31:15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
31:20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
- Tada!! There you have it. The most popular reason for which you exist as a woman. The warm, caring, hospitable and compassionate nature of womanhood. It is this quality of the woman that makes her to be a “mother”. The importance of this nature cannot be overemphasised in womanhood. However, withthat notwithstanding, the woman has a lot more to offer than just being the household kind off woman. She was made for a lot more than to just keep the home.
31:16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
- My dear Phenomenal Woman, the opinion and school of thought that is of the stance that men have to do the working, saving, investment and acquisition of properties is an error, a very shallow way of thinking for myopic minds and childish brains. (I’m sorry I had to be harsh on this but it’s just sickening ). The proverbs 31 woman makes a decent earning by working willingly with her hands,(v13) she buys and makes properties out of that living (v16) and she develops and invests what she receives; thus by planting the vineyard!
31:18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
31:21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
- This woman is proactive, she’s innovative and has foresight. She ensures that there’s enough oil in her lamp such that it doesn’t go out in the middle of the night. I’m pretty much sure she would have passed the test of the virgins who were waiting for their brides groom and undoubtedly would be a wise virgin as such. She provides the appropriate clothing for her household at all times and seasons. In a word, she is wise!
- Now here’s my favourite part of today’s post.
31:17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
31:25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Women are fire and light. We are steel, armour and diamonds. In our bosom lies strength, our loins are girded with dignity and honour.
Enough of the lies that we were made to be the weakling in society. That we were, but a soft gentle fluffy soul who’s only reason for existing was to be at the mercy and approval of another creation.
We only, have the superpower of being gentle souls wrapped in the powerful arms of strength. It is for this reason that the woman is the one who has the strength to go through a gestation period of carrying another human being, birth them amidst painful and unbearable contractions and dilation and yet carefully,with love and attention nurture the adorably cutiee pie of a baby forever! Yes forever! No one stops being a mother until they are transitioned into eternity.
Above all, beauty is vain and charm is deceptive, but a woman who fears the Lord shall be praised!
Thank you for being an awesome audience. Let me know what you think by way of commenting ?.
Love Nelia ✌